Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Seth's day

Seth came home from school triumphantly wielding the cap to a magic marker. Note there’s no shortage of caps in our house – I don’t know why the pride in the capture of this one. After reporting that “Reina take away my other one” [no doubt Reina meant to get this one as well] he proceeded to show me that he can use the marker cap as chapstick/lip gloss as well as wave it around on his fingers. The marker cap went with him everywhere until it was time for bed.


Here’s what ensued at bedtime:


Mommie: Seth, you need to put away the marker cap, it’s time to snuggle down.

Seth: No! [Wails]

Mommie: How about leaving it right here on the bedside table, so you can get it in the morning?

Seth: [calmly puts the marker cap down on the bedside table] Fine. I’ll grab it when you leave.

Mommie: OK, it’s mine now then.

[Tantrum ensues, during which time I try to explain I could be arrested for letting my 3-year-old go to sleep sucking on a marker cap. We finally compromise on me leaving it on the breakfast table]

Seth: OK. You put it on the breakfast table. But don’t use it. I don’t want you to use it.

Mommie: I have no interest in using your marker cap.

Seth: Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment