Sunday, November 20, 2011

from Nora

Yesterday was my birthday. I had my friends over (friends from the apartment) but my friend Flo had to leave early because she was going to a movie with her friends. But her sister Bella stayed. We made sock puppets and cupcakes. My mom had gone to Cyprus and brought back a few presents. They were beads, clothes (NB: from my colleague’s mother!), and a beautiful fan (not electronic). I will be going to come back to the states in December.

I got some balloons and we blew them up. Now we have boys kicking balloons around the house L It has been a little bit rainy.

Now for another topic. Today when it was raining my Mom and I went to get the bread. Seth and Mommie stayed outside while I bought the bread. I don’t usually do that. But today I did.

There were a ton of people in the bakery. Also I wanted to be warm and the bakery is always warm. The man (or rather, family) that works there always gives us pirruletas (lollypops). They didn’t this time because it was very crowded (I think so). It was very crowded. The price for bread changes every day. Mom says that it’s priced by supply and demand – if they have a lot of bread, it costs less. If they’re almost out, it costs more.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nora!! I hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (The blog didn't give me a space to enter my name. I'm the mom of your old friend Kendra, from preschool.)

    ReplyDelete