Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things to know, from Nora


This is from Nora. We are in Spain now. It is very different here. I feel weird being one of the few people who speak English. Almost everybody is speaking Spanish. I’m so tired because the Eastern time is 6 hours different from Madrid. I miss America already. I slept until 11 today!!!!! That is the latest that I ever slept. My apartment has a pool and I made two friends at the pool. They speak English. Their names are Bella and something I don’t remember. The pool is 7 feet deep. I can touch in the shallow end because it is 3 feet deep and I am 4 feet. There is a little baby pool that is warm and only a foot deep. When you go in the shallow pool you swim around a bit and then you jump in the deep pool the deep end because it is really cold. If you get in the deep pool first on hot days, it feels really good. Yesterday was the first day that we swam in it and I went to the deep pool first. So I don’t know what it feels like to go in the little warm pool first on hot days. We missed breakfast today! We got a grocery shopping cart today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nora -- It was great to read about your first day. Now you have been there a week! Is it becoming more familiar? I told Jonas and Isaac that in Spain people eat dinner and go to bed much later than they do in the US. Jonas and Isaac wanted to know what time people get up in the morning. Can you let us know? And, can you tell Nathan "hi" from Isaac.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete