Sunday, January 22, 2012

[H]OOOOLLLLL!

So in one of my last posts, I noted how Spain has turned Nathan into a slide-tackling, “GOOOOLLLL!!!!!” – yelling futbol player. This has been hard on his pants. Futbol is generally played on cement courts here in Madrid (my guess: it’s a desert, and thus it’s hard to keep grass alive, especially when little boys are trampling on it every day). So the sliding around on knees, which seems warranted whenever there’s a goal scored, whenever one needs to reverse the ball’s direction, and/or basically whenever one wants, has done a number on his pants. In fact, between starting this blog post and finishing it, another pair has bitten the dust. Here’s a graph explaining the situation:

Exhibit A: Pants in Nathan's closet


I guess at this point, I should just be glad that they haven’t progressed to stripping their shirts off when they score goals – then I’d be out there hunting for lost shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment