Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 2, partial report for Grandparents

This is mainly for grandparents, who will find this post cute. The rest of you will think it's cloying (so be warned and stop reading!).

School pickup went well, mainly because I only have 2/3 of the Starhills (Nora is at a party) and after only moderate kvetching, Nathan is now quietly playing with his Spanish tutor. I'm mainly writing to report (quickly) about the toddlerness of my present experience. In the last 15 minutes, Seth has:

- Insisted that "I no like milk. I like leche." Seth says leche like he's from Texas: laaayyyychaaayyy.

- Insisted that I peel his snack apple, then wandered over to the pile of discarded peels and reported "Oh, I like these" -- and begun snacking on them.

More generally, the language stuff seems to be confusing him a bit. He knows that everyone here speaks Spanish, but when he sees his Hebrew teacher from school, he points at her and says "There my French teacher!!" When a sibling points out that it's a Hebrew teacher, he insists "I no learn Hebrew. I learning French."

No comments:

Post a Comment