Sunday, September 4, 2011

Today's thoughts from Nora

Today it is just a calmer day than yesterday, because yesterday we took the train for awhile (until Charmartin which is a stop on the Metro) and then we got on the Cercania. The Cercania is like a commuter rail. There are 3 kinds of Cercania - short distance, medium distance, and the Ave which goes long distance and is really really fast. And then we played with our friends. We walked and we got lunch and then we took a little train that took us around Aranjuez which is the city where we went. And then we took a little walk to a field (it wasn't grass - it was sand) and we played soccer. And one time I fell and my knees hurt but I got up and kept playing. And then I washed them out with a wipe when the game was over. We walked to the Cercania station. We had to run the last past because we almost missed our train. On the train we had dinner which was bread with a sausage kind of meat which is called chorizo. I tried the cheese but I didn't like it. And rest of the way I just drew. It was about 8:40 by the time we got on the regular Metro and then we got home about 9:30. And then we read for 20 minutes and then we went to sleep.

Today is much calmer because we are just doing things around the house because our cousins are coming at 4 or 4:30 today. But earlier I decided to clean out my closet and make it much neater. I just felt that kind of way - sometimes I just feel like that. And we also organized our school stuff because school starts tomorrow on Sept 5. It is 1:05 right now so it has been about an hour since we organized our school stuff.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. But we have to go to the Immigration Office at 9. This is inconvenient because school starts at 8:45 and we won't be at school until 11. I don't like that because it is embarrassing to be at school late on the first day of school. My teacher's name is Carmen. She only speaks Spanish. We are not going to have our books by the first day of school, so if we need our books I'll have to say "No tengo un libro." And we don't know if our school supplies are right because we've never been here before. So if we don't have the right materials we'll have to buy them again, and the materials that we already bought will be floating around the house waiting to be used.

This morning while I was cleaning out my closet I looked out the window and there were two boys and 1 girl. One boy was swimming and the other two were playing outside by the pool. They looked in the age range of 10 to 15. They made a lot of noise and the boy in the pool was trying to splash the boy and the girl who were running around the pool near the deep end where the other boy was.

Mom and Seth are at Al Campo trying to find more hangers for winter clothes that are coming with my cousin today. And they are also trying to find black pants or shorts for my baby brother because he needs a change of clothes for school that looks sort of like the school uniform but that are not the school uniform. I don't know what else they are getting. Al Campo is a grocery store that is in the big mall called La Vega. La Vega has lots of stores in it - clothes stores, party stores, watch stores, grocery stores, and restaurants. One of my favorite restaurants is my favorite restaurant in Madrid called Pans and Company. I like to go there because they have little rides that you can go in. There is one called Marathon Runner and there is a carosel and the horse and the submarine. The horse and the submarine are close enough so that I can step across the space between them. I can do that by stepping on one of the claw thing-y that are on the submarine and then I step on the tail of the horse and then I step on the leg of the horse and then the back of the horse and then the saddle of the horse.

I'll write tomorrow night about school but it will be very long entry unless I'm super tired and need to go to bed which will probably not happen. I'm excited but nervous about school because I think I won't fit in because I won't be able to communicate with anybody. But luckily I know enough words that I can barely communicate, like if I needed to say, "I want to go to the bathroom and then I'll be back in about a minute" and I didn't know how to say all of that, I would just say what I know and they would probably understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment