Saturday, August 22, 2015

It smells like Alcobendas!

Hi! It's Nora! 
This post covers the first two or tree days of our 2015-16 our adventure...

     The day we left, I woke up at 7, got dressed and promptly learned that we were not leaving until 12, and instead of being hidey-holed up in my room until we left (as I would have proffered), i would be put to work cleaning and preparing for us to leave. "The house had to be perfect", Apparently.
     During the 7 hour plane ride, I watched TV for 3 hours, slept for 2, watched the lady in front of me's television (she was watching the abyss) for a half an hour, and stared into space for the rest of the flight. 
     When we got off the plane, Seth had a minor meltdown about not feeling well, so we made our way to the bathroom and proceed to sit in front of it for 15 minutes. I guess sitting in front of a bathroom cures airplane sickness.
     We got to the apartment, and made plans for the rest of the day. They included, shopping, shopping, and shopping. Daddy and I got in our good friends Nuria and Miguel's car, and shopped until 4 at which time we decided to return to the apartment.
     Our first trip to the famed Al Campo cost us 398 euros. Not bad considering the amount of stuff we bought. I realized that the only english i will encounter outside of 'the mouse hole' is on an oreo box that says 'family size'. How sad.
      When we got home, it was close to 7, and finally, the cable guy came. I was simply ecstatic. Like a true teenager. Haha, mom. He left around eight, when I promptly brushed my teeth and fell asleep. I woke up at 11:45. 15 hours of sleep and still tired. Sounds like a book.
      I always feel like a tourist here. I really don't like like it. 
      We are headed to cyprus on Monday!!! Golden beaches, turquoise sand, a monstrous amount of touring, here we come! 
THINGS WE WILL BE LIVING W/O THIS YEAR
  • Car
  • TV
  • English
  • Maple Syrup
  • Dryer
  • My own room
  • And more that don't matter as much...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nora -- This is Valerie, mom of Kendra who you went to preschool with.

    Is the sand really turquoise? I would love to see a picture of that!

    Who are you sharing a room with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Nora! You've captured the teen voice perfectly! Love ya - Alida

    ReplyDelete